Office clerks perform different tasks in an office. They make up pay rolls and also bills and enter data on a computer. They scan documents, answer the calls and reply to emails. Clerks also work in government offices as government employers as well as in some private organizations and companies. In small businesses, clerks perform a variety of tasks according to plan. Usually, clerical jobs for specialized clerks are just available in large companies, and these jobs are not found elsewhere. Bookkeeping clerks work in bookkeeping departments and make records of every thing in this department.
With the demand of an efficient bold and fast clerk is high. Every company wants these clerks who can perform every kind of task very fast. They needed in the growing industries like shipping and manufacturing. Specifically, a clerk must have communication skills, speaking skills, reading, listening, writing, and mathematical skills. Experienced clerks are beneficial for an office or management. They should also get customer service skills for their experience because every body prefers those clerks who have good speaking and writing skills. And it is very good if they are comfortable with the computer.
Major responsibilities of a clerk
Bookkeeping clerk has to handle all types of financial records in each business. Bookkeepers are also known as accounting clerks. They perform mathematical tasks each day. Bookkeeper is usually responsible for writing the day book, which consists of purchase, sale, receipts and also payments.
If you are going to join this job, first write your resume of bookkeeping clerk with great care. You need to keep in mind the following general tips.
- In the body of the resume use bullets
- Your resume should be to the point
- Focus on your objectives
- Also focus on the requirements of the Bookkeeping Clerk Resume
- Mention your abilities, skills and knowledge in different fields (if any)
- Emphasize what you can do for your employer
- Write your contact details
And the things not to do in the bookkeeper resume.
- Do not misrepresent your skills
- Do not use fancy words, fancy papers, fancy fonts or fancy inks
- Do not attach your real documents with bookkeeper clerk resume
- Your resume should not be a boring list of job duties and responsibilities
- Never forget to sign the application
- Never use the passive voice
The above several instructions make it easy for the reader. If you follow these instructions, you will surely get in the door of interview.
Here is a sample of Bookkeeping Clerk Resume:
Preview and Details of Template
Bookkeeping Clerk Resume Sample
Format: MS Word (.doc) 2003+ and iPad
Size 41 Kb | DOWNLOAD
Format: OpenOffice (.odt) Writer [Writer]
Size 22 Kb | DOWNLOAD